Maximum number of participating teams is 64.
This tournament has 2 stages.
1. Group stage - 16 groups of 4 teams each.
Group matches are played in circle system, in the format of Bo3, until 2 wins in battles (sessions) in each match.
According to results of the matches, teams receive points:
- win - 3 points
- draw -1 point
- defeat - 0 points
If two or more teams have the same number of points in the tournament bracket, the places in the leader board are based on the best team by parameters in the statistics/skill of all the mathes they played.
The 2 best teams from each group enter the play-off bracket.
2. Play-off stage with the bracket for 32 teams, with double elimination.
Each match is in format best of 3, until 2 wins in battles (sessions)
The full tournament bracket will be shown at the 1/32 final stage (when 64 teams are left in the tournament).
In case of a draw in the battle, both players receive technical defeat and leave the tournament.
In order to participate, the team captain needs to register the team. Captain should use the password for the team so that random players would not register in his team.
After registering the team, captain shares the link to the team and the password with his team mates.
Members of the team register in the tournament by themselves using the team link and password. After all the players have registered, the team captain has to confirm the participation of the team before the registration ends.
Name of the team should not contain any words or phrases that are in violation of the forum and game rules. The organizers can remove the team from competition in the case of violation of these rules.
Live streaming of the matches can be performed only by streamers who have been approved by Gaijin Entertainment.
No other streamers will be able to join matches.
Tournament players cannot deny approved streamers the right to stream any match.
Streamers who do not have official approval can stream the tournament replays.
Each participating player confirms playing according to these rules:
- Player from each team have to enter the lobby created for the next battle before the session start time, which is displayed on the web site.
- Each player has to confirm readiness in the lobby by pressing the "Ready" button.
- Battle (session) starts automatically by the timer on the web site or earlier if both players in the lobby are present and Ready.
- Battle (session) starts automatically by the timer on the web site even if one of the players is not present or hasn’t managed to press the "Ready" button.
- In case that opponent hasn’t shown up during 5 minutes after the session started, the player who is in the lobby should get ready for the session start and wait until the server announces victory. Only after the server returns you back to hangar and only after the web site shows the win in the battles of the ongoing match, the team will move forward in the tournament bracket. Player who awaits the opponent in the lobby has to press the "Ready" button in order to achieve technical victory.
- If both teams do not show up or do not press the "Ready" button when the timer reaches the start of the battle - they will both lose and be disqualified from the tournament!
- In case that players get disconnected, the battle continues. There are no restarts. Restart can only happen if the game servers are down.
- In the session lobby the standard game client rules apply to chat (you can report anyone for foul language or abuse using the in game report system).
- Use of foul language and abuse.
- Disrespectful, unsportsmanlike behavior. (Public abuse of tournament players, arbiters, Gaijin Entertainment employees. Participating in battles with foregone in advance conclusion (contractual fights and or padding)).
- Use of 3rd party modifications of the game client which can possibly give advantage in the battle.
In the case of violation of these rules, the organizers can remove or ban the team or player from participating in the tournaments of the War Thunder game.
- 1st place - 5000 Golden Eagles + Golden Gladiator Tournament decal + Title "Gladiators 4x4"
- 2nd place - 3000 Golden Eagles + Gladiator Tournament decal
- 3rd place - 2000 Golden Eagles + Gladiator Tournament decal
- 4th place - 1000 Golden Eagles + Gladiator Tournament decal
- 5-8th place - 500 Golden Eagles + Gladiator Tournament decal
Prizes are issued in the 72 hours period after the tournament.
If the number of participating teams is less than 32, the prize fund is cut by 50%.
Players compete in the air duel mission where rounds are generated automatically.
Each match is one battle (session) in the special Gladiator mission which includes different duel formats 1x1, 2x2 and 4x4.
Win in each round of the Gladiators mission is decided by capturing the air cap zone.
Depending on the round in the Gladiators mission, for each win your opponent loses points:
- in the first round, 1000 points
- in the second round 2000 points
- in the third round 3000 points
- in the additional round 3000 points
The additional round is played if after 3 rounds both teams have equal amount of points.
IMPORTANT! After you win or lose the battle and the zone is capped, DO NOT press the “Return to hangar” button!
Please wait until the server gives you the message of the start of the next round.
The mission will move you back to the vehicle selection screen automatically.
On the vehicle selection screen you cannot change the vehicle that you used in the previous round! You can change the ammunition belts, amount of fuel and weapon convergence.
After modifying your vehicle, you can press the “to Battle” button and continue the match.
IMPORTANT! For selecting the loadout of your aircraft, you will have 60 seconds.
Be sure to check your position in the flight zone - if you leave the zone, your aircraft will explode. If you climb over 5000 meters, your opponent will cap the zone if you continue climbing.
Time limit (per battle/session): 35 minutes
Tournament map: [Tournament] Gladiators 4x4 (Kursk, Krymsk, Mozdok, Berlin, Sinai, Europe)
Time of day: Noon
Gun lock timer - 35 sec. (only in the 1st round!)
Server - EU
Markers - for allies only
Fuel/Ammo - Limited
IMPORTANT: All vehicles have to be researched and obtained on player's account and assigned to a vehicle slot.
The following vehicles are allowed: